Sustainability, climate neutrality and renewable energy sources are topics whose meaning and significance each of us is aware of now more than ever before. Today, there is no longer a question of whether climate change is happening; the question is how can influence our daily activities to prevent it from happening. This is forcing us to look for solutions that are beneficial in all ways, including environmental protection. We at RAJO are fully aware of the fact that a strategy of sustainability with set goals is the path to achieving carbon neutrality. This is a challenge that is not easy for us; however, it is our obligation to face it every day. The famous naturalist David Attenborough once said:
“We are at a unique stage in our history. Never before have we had such an awareness of what we are doing to the planet and never before have we had the power to do something about that.“
- a well-defined environmental policy is a priority of environmental management and the primary tool for successfully managing environmental responsibility.
RAJO’s management has established the following environmental policy:
System of environmental management
- a fundamental requirement of the ISO 14001 standard was to introduce, document, apply, maintain and continuously improve the system of environmental management with the aim of protecting the environment.
By introducing this system, RAJO increased raised environmental awareness among employees, eliminated environmental risks and above all satisfied the demands of customers and increased their confidence in its products.
- is a measure of the impact of human activity on the environment, particularly climate change, and an indirect indicator of the consumption of energy, products and services.
Calculation of the carbon footprint at RAJO was conducted in line with the technical standard ISO 14064-1 and the international standard GHG Protocol.
A system of collection, recovery and recycling of packaging waste
- the Waste Act obliges all manufacturers of packaging and non-packaged products to take care of their products throughout their whole life cycle, until they become waste.
The RAJO company fulfills this obligation through the producer responsibility
organization and by participating in the system of collection, recovery and recycling of packaging waste contributes to saving greenhouse gas emissions.
- an international project aimed at increasing knowledge, skills and habits, related to packaging waste sorting, changing consumer behavior and taking responsibility for the environment in which we live.
RAJO is involved in this international project, sorts waste, saves natural resources and thus contributes to a cleaner and healthier environment.
- electricity fully covered by guarantees of origin from renewable energy sources (RES) are, for example, sun, wind, water, biomass or geothermal water. These energy sources are naturally renewable; this means they are inexhaustible and ecological.
RAJO has been buying electricity produced from renewable energy sources from June 2021.